The First and Only Biomedical Silk Scaffold
SERI® Surgical Scaffold, launched in 2013, today is a naturally derived scaffold of choice for leading surgeons in a range of indicated procedures requiring soft tissue support. It is also being studied in key investigational plastic surgery applications, including mastopexy and breast reconstruction.
SERI® provides predictable tissue regeneration, transferring load-bearing responsibility within 12 months. It is indicated for use as a transitory scaffold for soft tissue support and repair to reinforce deficiencies where weakness or voids exist that require the addition of material to obtain the desired surgical outcome. This includes reinforcement of soft tissue in plastic and reconstructive surgery, and general soft tissue reconstruction.
1. Kornstein AN (2014) SERI Surgical Scaffold as an Adjunct to Conventional Brachioplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2(7): e190.
2. Kornstein AN (2014) SERI Surgical Scaffold as an Adjunct for Circumferential Abdominoplasty and Lower Body Lift. Plast Recontr Surg Glob Open. 2(11): e244.
3. Karp N, Choi M, Kulber DA, Downey S, Duda G, Kind GM, Jewell ML, Murphy DK, Lehfeldt MR, Fine N (2017) SERI Surgical Scaffold in 2-Stage Breast Reconstruction: 2-Year Data from a Prospective Multicenter Trial. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open, 5(5): e1327.
4. Mofid MM, Tajran J (2015) Circumareolar Mastopexy with SERI Surgical Scaffold Reinforcement. QMP’s Plastic Surgery Pulse News, 7(1): 1 – 4.
5. Gross JE (2013) Use of SERI Surgical Scaffold for Soft-tissue Support in a Massive Weight Loss Patient. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 1(9): e86.
6. Haupt J, García-López JM, Chope K (2015) Use of a novel silk mesh for ventral midline hernioplasty in a mare. BMC Veterinary Research. 11:58.
7. Clemens MW, Downey S, Agullo F, Lehfeldt MR, Kind GM, Palladino H, Marshall D, Jewell ML, Mathur AB, Bengtson BP (2014) Clinical Application of a Silk Fibroin Protein Biologic Scaffold for Abdominal Wall Fascial Reinforcement. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Oopen, 2(11): e246.